Dietary Instructions for the
Night Before Your Procedure
Eat a light supper about 6 o’clock.
- Soup and sandwich or
- Chicken breast with pasta or potatoes
- Avoid anything high fat or fried.
After this, drink only clear liquids until midnight. (A clear liquid is anything that is liquid at room temperature, and you can see through it.)
- Soft drinks like Sprite, Coke, Diet Coke
- Tea or coffee without cream or milk
- Juice: apple juice, grape juice or cranberry juice,
but no juice with pulp (orange juice)
Milk and alcohol-containing beverages are not considered clear liquids and should not be consumed after 6:00 p.m. the night before your procedure.
It is very important for your safety
that you do not have anything to
eat or drink after midnight!
If you have any questions, call the dietitian:
Marci Parker, LDN, RD 388-4040